General advice

< Help & Advice

Can I make changes to my property, such as knocking through a wall?

If you want to make changes to your property, you must get permission from the co-op first.

If you make a change without permission, you will be liable for the cost of restoring the property to its original state.

Window cleaning - who is responsible?

Tenants are responsible for cleaning their own windows. The co-op will not pay or arrange for this to be done.

I have too much stuff cluttering up my property - how can I get rid of it responsibly?

Southwark Council's recycling web pages explain what and how you can recycle using their services.

For other unwanted items of all types, try joining Southwark Freecycle or Freegle. This allows you to advertise items you are offering for free to anyone in the local area willing to collect.

I need basic household items, but cannot afford to buy them.

Try joining Southwark Freecycle or Freegle. People in the local area are constantly trying to get rid of items being replaced or taking up too much space. Look at what's on offer or post a "wanted" if you do not see what you need.